navigationmenu

Friday, 1 May 2015

8. Antonio Gaudí

Image via: http://www.parisfrancebebe.com/paris-posters.html
The mosaic concept really works well into showing a variation of tone and shade. I think this could be really interesting to transform through make-up. I think creating a stencil could be beneficial into creating a sharp and defined look. I would need to experiment with what colours would look beneficial. I think with a make-up look influenced by this Gaudí design it would look interesting as a body artwork. 
http://www.spain.net/top/top-art-galleries-spain.html
The vibrancy in colour helps give a modern format to the look. It is also interesting to see the differences in form of the array of patterns. I think it would be interesting to source of art nouveau patterns and identify how they can both contrast yet compliment each other. With this type of collage effect I am unsure how I could make this effect through make-up bar body art however with this look I think with this design it is meant to look very flat looking in which I think I would prefer to choose an Art Nouveau design in which has a more three-dimensional element to it.

Image via: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/93/Sagrada_familia_construction_differences.jpg
Interesting use of repetition of the circular windows, However personally I don't immediately familiarise it with the form of art nouveau due to the fact that there is little floral design and whiplash designs.
Image via: http://www.parisfrancebebe.com/paris-posters.html
The form of this architecture you can see that Gaudi has very much used the whiplash effect of shaping and designing this architecture. Again one key element that I can see through this design is the defined outline of the shapes. I particularly like the contrast between the the beige look of the base of the building against the vibrancy of blue and green tones used for the windows. I think the shape of the windows could really work through make-up through a flatpiece design on the upper chest as for me I see relations do the design outlines to have an almost bone like format. Could this be this be turned into a modern fashion approach of make-up onto the ribcage?

Image via: http://benedante.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/antoni-gaudi-housing.html
I think particularly the iron rod swirl detail could be interpreted through a hair structure design due to the intricate swirls. The grey/beige tones I think could also be an interesting transformation into make-up onto the skin and hair. Fullers earth could be used to create a distressed texture onto the skin. The whiplash floral design of the left sculpture I think could be adapted into a hair sculpture. I would have to think about how it could be proportioned correctly to fit my models head comfortably and how I could merge their natural hair into the design to make it more natural looking.
Image via: http://interspace-design.com/blog/tag/antoni-gaudi/
Looking at the Basilica de la Sagrada Famila you can see that the texture of the building could be an interesting transformation through make-up. It could be done through creating silicone flat pieces in which have been sculpted to blend into the skin. The blue glazed windows could be an interesting contrast to use for colour and texture. I think with that area of design it could be achieved through creating stencils in which could be applied onto the skin to create a sharp looking shape onto the skin. 





No comments :

Post a Comment