Image via: http://www.theprostheticsevent.co.uk/portfolio-item/danny-marie-elias/
I really like the intricate detail of the bald cap sculpt. I think what works well is that the bald cap has been created to blend over the eyebrows in which gives a more fantasy feel towards the look. The symmetry of the flat pieces on the body would be an interesting concept to explore when designing for the baroque look due to the reasoning that it would be a complex task into making sure that the sculpt is completely symmetric.
Image via: http://blog.polytek.com/tag/platsil-gel-25/
I think it is interesting to see the same sculpt being used with a more natural colouring to show how a prosthetic piece can fit into an array of different looks. It could be an interesting concept to make design movement base flat pieces in which blend into the skin to represent the skin as a canvas. I also think its interesting how Elias has used a hair based outfit to contrast with the blocked out eyebrows and bald cap. It helps identify that costume can be a very strong relation for your make-up work to stand out.
Image via: https://twitter.com/dannymarieelias/status/484740385114451968
This look has a very dystopia feel to the makeup with the grey toned artwork. I think this would be an interesting concept to explore in my designs for the deconstructivism look with the use of shadowing to highlight the abstract shapes. it think it will also be interesting to see how this can be created on different parts of the body to create these abstract shapes.
Image via: http://www.theprostheticsevent.co.uk/portfolio-item/danny-marie-elias/
I think the white background works well into making the make-up and hair stand out strongly in the image. I particularly like how in this look the prosthetic piece blends to two areas of body and not just the face. It will be interesting to think about framing when creating my designs as I think with this image taken slightly below eye level it helps make the flat piece design the main focal point of the image.
Image via: http://www.theprostheticsevent.co.uk/portfolio-item/danny-marie-elias/
Again the posing of this image gives a strong composition with the hand pose mirroring the same angle of where the cats are on the shoulder pads. The background of the image having a circular shape also helps draw your attention to the circular shape of the head piece. The face is also completely central to the image in which also helps create a bold viewing of the makeup.
Image via: https://twitter.com/Dannymarieelias/status/581181378718498816
I think the hair design helps frame the face to have a more decorative form with the ringlets acting as a hairline. This makes me think how the hair design could also be symmetric to the makeup design.
Image via: http://www.gortonstudio.co.uk/danny-shows-how-prosthetics-can-take-body-painting-to-the-next-level
I really like the style and context of this make-up and think the colouring works really well to create a modern, futuristic look. You can see that areas of the design do have a symmetrical format similar to the Baroque characteristic. This I think would be an interesting concept to explore through my design process to identify how prosthetic flat pieces could be used to create a design suited to this movement.







No comments :
Post a Comment