On her website it states:
Her work explores the status of the body: The religious, political and cultural pressures that leave an imprint in the flesh, particularly in the flesh of women.
Via: http://www.orlan.eu/biography/
Image via: http://mov-artist.com/orlan/index.html
Because I want to do a beauty shoot I think this would be interesting to create through make-up due to the reasoning that everything is very natural looking bar the horns. I think it could be an interesting element to include in the design process of raised areas of the skin to represent the design movements. I think this particular look would work well for Deconstructivism because the characteristic is also very fragmented from the normality.
Image via: http://mov-artist.com/orlan/index.html
What I think is interesting about this look would be the abstract hairline. I think this could be interesting concept to look into when designing for deconstructivism due to the disassembled outlines. The collarbone in this look is also very bold looking and I think it could be interesting to maybe do a make-up look just on the collarbone as the shapes on this look are very abstract looking.
Image via: http://www.orlan.eu/2011/05/
Interesting concept of having the swirl sculpture blending into the forehead. It reminds me slightly of a baroque motif.
Image via: http://www.orlan.eu/wp-content/gallery/self-hybridations-chinoises/02-copie.jpg
I think this could be an interesting concept to work for in Boroque do the use of symmetry. I think it could also be interesting to blend the makeup into the background to show a complex practice demand.
Image via: http://www.orlan.eu/wp-content/gallery/self-hybridations-chinoises/05-copie.jpg
I also think with these series of images it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Orlan_par_Fabrice_L%C3%A9v%C3%AAque_1990-1a.jpg
I like simplicity of this look however the hair having a very strong and bold shaping with the silver definition of the wave. This has made me think about how I could represent baroque or Deconstructivism with a strong hair design being the main focal point.






No comments :
Post a Comment