I wanted to look at Roshar's work as much of his work experiments with the use of artist elements however shot in a fashion and beauty context much like I want to style my final pieces for this project.
Images via: http://roshar.com/editorial.html
I really like the composition of these two images as I think it relates well to my idea of focussing to one area of the body. I particularly like the image on the right as the focus on the collarbone is strong yet the face and hair is very symmetric. I think be cause of the sharpness of the composition this would work well for Deconstructivism.
Image via: http://roshar.com/fantasy.html
I think this look is really interesting with the motif designs being merged down to a body paint. I think this would be an interesting concept for a Baroque look due to the reasoning that the repetition would be a complex task to achieve through make-up. I would need carefully design the look to be symmetric as possible to be placed on the body.
http://roshar.com/fantasy.html
Again I think the pose helps create a strong framing to make the make-up and hair the main focal point of the image. I think it could be really interesting to think about creating a make-up piece that flows onto the hands. I think this pose could work well for Deconstructivism due to the reasoning that you could make abstract angular shapes to represent the fragmentation of the movement on the hands and this could also be changed with the movement and different angles of the fingers.
http://roshar.com/editorial.html
I particularly like the make-up design on the right how the the model sports a full coverage makeup look yet it is transformed with the layering of the shapes and the blocked out eyebrows.
http://roshar.com/editorial.html
It is great to see that design elements can be used as the main look for a make-up piece. As you can see the swirl motifs definitely relate to a similar of shape of which I have research for Baroque. I think what works well the most would be the use of symmetry to relate to the movement. The bold lip adds another dimension to the piece with it contrasting with the monochrome tones.
http://roshar.com/editorial.html
Again a slight Baroque feel can be seen with the motif shapes used. I particularly like the angle of the composition which helps make the artwork have a strong focal point. I also think it creates a bold overall look to have the tones of the motif being transferred into the eyeshadow and orange lip.






No comments :
Post a Comment