Whilst in New York we went to the Metropolitan Art Museum in which had a section dedicated to modern art. I wanted to try and find artworks in what I thought related to the art movement though scattered, fragmented forms.
I think it's quite interesting how this sculpture relates to a human like shape to identify to see a deconstructed form of the body. Of course I think this is very broad outline in which I think would not be suited for my concept as I don't want to completely distort the body as it will not show that my application was on a human. However by looking at this image it has helped show how Deconstructivism could be balanced all on one angle, this makes me think about how this could translate through designing for make-up and hair to fall one one angle of the body. Again this leads me to the concept of focussing on a particular part of the body.
I think the angular points of the artwork relate to the design movement and I particularly like how the centre almost looks like a skull in which makes me think this could be an interesting hair sculpture.
What I find particularly interesting about this artwork would be that you can see the layering of distorted shapes through shading. I think this would be a good experimental area to look into to see how layering can be shown through make-up materials.
When around New York there was much less architecture that related to Deconstructivism compared to Art Nouveau. However when in Times Square I noticed that the billboards seemed to overlay one another when seen from a distance.
I thought it was interesting to see the more traditional building being at a normal, straight angle with the contrast of the more modern on being more a 45 degree angle and it is very monochrome toned.
For me what captured an element of Deconstructivism in this image would be the use of grey and monochrome tones in which contrast against the natural blue sky. I think a main element of Deconstructivism is that it has a very man-made look towards it. I need to think about when creating my designs that this look has to have a very futuristic feel about it.
Although it is quite symmetric I thought this design related to the movement with the use of angular shapes around to outline the windows. The way I think I could translate this type of shaping through make-up would be through the use of flat piece prosthetics and blend them to look like they were a part of the bodys natural form.





No comments :
Post a Comment